Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba Samba and UFW

Louis,

Did not mean to confuse. Before I upgraded to Mint 19.1 I could go to the network, click on windows network, click on workgroup, then office and the windows pc (office) would mount. No problems. THe folders on the windows machine would be accessed. Now in Mint 19.1 I get the error "Unable to mount location....". We traced this behavior to the UFW firewall blocking the connection. Firewall enabled no connection. Firewall disabled connected. All I want is to get back to to the way the connection to office worked before upgrading the OS. Still believe that this an UFW issue.

Since I can now see the testingUFW share on the local (Linux PC) I tried connecting to it as anetwork location from the windows side. Still working on that. Perhaps that is a work around. Still the end game is to connect from the Mint 19.1 box to the Windows box.

Regards,

Marty