Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba and AD Certificate Services

Hai Pierro,

Your looking for this:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_AD_Smart_Card_Login#Configure_Windows_to_Accept_Your_CA

Dont look at the "Smart Card Login" part but the pics here show perfeclty howto do this.

> Is that scenario possible running only Samba? I can't find much in the
> way of documentation.

Hmm, there was more on the wiki.. I'll do a extra search..

> Am I correct in understanding that the certificates and keys in
> private/tls/ are only meant to enable StartTLS/LDAPS connections?
For samba yes, but if you add the RootCA to you computers then you can do with with what you want.

Small tip of you want own certs.
 https://hohnstaedt.de/xca/ but you can use anything you like to generate certs.

If you search good in the list, you wil find some user that make lets encrypt work also with dehydrated.

> Pietro

Greetz,

Louis