Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] How do I fix Samba ID mapping that I got wrong?

On a member server in a Samba Active Directory I made a typo in smb.conf resulting in the ID mapping being not what I wanted. I've fixed the config file and restarted smbd/nmbd/winbind but users and groups that were already used still have the incorrect ID mapping.

How can I fix this? I've searched for "samba reset idmap" and "samba fix idmap" but not found anything useful.

The files and permissions on the problem server's shares are not important (it's just a copy of what's on another).

My correct idmap configuration is:

idmap config * : backend = tdb
idmap config * : range = 3000-7999
idmap config EBCFAD : backend = rid
idmap config EBCFAD : range = 10000-999999

getent from a correctly configured member server:

root@fs2a:/srv/samba# getent passwd "EBCFAD\ts"
EBCFAD\ts:*:11159:10513:Thomas:/home/ts:/bin/false

And from the problem server:

EBCFAD\ts:*:3000:3000:Thomas:/home/ts:/bin/false