Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Windows 2019 DC and samba dc

On Tue, 2019-02-12 at 11:48 +0000, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:

> It is all down to the schema version support, Samba supports version
> 47
> and experimentally version 69, more info here:
>
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/AD_Schema_Version_Support
>
> Rowland

I would note there is some good news for Samba 4.11, we have in
development (currently pending the addition of the required very
thorough automated testing) patches to address this problem.

It allows live schema updates over DRS even for complex schema changes
that cause trouble for Samba at the moment.

Andrew Bartlett