Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba and ufw

Am 12.02.19 um 09:02 schrieb L.P.H. van Belle via samba:
> Not everyone understand iptables that good Reindl

i switched 1 years ago to Linux and wrote my first "iptables.sh" on day
one which got improved over the years, so it#s not rocket science to learn

> Ufw can be handy and its usable, now gufw thats the problem here.
> Gufw added the profile and sadly i dont know anything about gufw,
> execpt thats a gui on ufw.
> I dont know the modifications Gufw made on ufw, exacpt i noticed the profiles.

yeah, UFW as abstraction-layer to iptables and because abstraction is
cool put another layer on top of that with a GUI until the result is
"nobody understands his own setup at all" and it needs dozens of emails
trying to fix something trivial as a packet filter