Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Windows client still tries to connect to old AD after replacement

Rowland,

Did you click on the hyperlink that would have taken you here:

I see... muddling through this, I seem to have somehow fixed this by following the POSIX ACL instructions, but not completely fixed.  It has got to the stage where if I create a new user (called testuser) and assign their roaming profile & home folder, it works fine, I can create/delete files, no more issues with log-in.

However, "new" users with existing folders carried forward from the old server still have permission issues - existing users can access the root of their profile & home folders, create folders and delete them, but cannot access or modify existing folders.  So I presume the existing folders have all the wrong permissions, and I need to propogate the permissions from the user's root folder to the existing folders/subfolders - what's the best way to do this?

Secondly, I've spotted that I also need to do folder redirections as directed here:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Configuring_Windows_Profile_Folder_Redirections

I was able to do it for the testuser's "Documents" folder successfully, however the other folders I tried to redirect (Music & Videos) didn't have the "Redirect to the user's home directory" option - how do I sort this out?

Finally, you're certainly a font of knowledge!  Many thanks for your time.

With kind regards - Piers