Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] error on the modificed permission

On Mon, 11 Feb 2019 17:21:13 +0100
marco pirola via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Not firewall and selinux policy running  on the domain member; At the
> directory samba I used chown root:"Domain User" /home/samba. This
> command it'ok?
>
> Il 11/02/2019 17:02, Rowland Penny via samba ha scritto:
> > On Mon, 11 Feb 2019 16:43:48 +0100
> > marco pirola via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >> How should I behave?
> > Is there a firewall running on the Samba machine ?
> > Is Apparmor or Selinux running on the Samba machine ?
> >
> > If you follow the wiki page it should work.

As I said, if you follow the wiki page it should work, you are not
following the wiki page, particularly this part:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_a_Share_Using_Windows_ACLs#Granting_the_SeDiskOperatorPrivilege_Privilege

Do not give 'Domain Users' any privileges, use either 'Administrators'
or 'Domain Admins' or a group you have created that is a member of
'Administrators' or 'Domain Admins'. Whichever you group you use, it
must produce output from 'getent group <THE_GROUP_NAME>' on the
computer holding the Samba share. you must also run the 'net rpc rights
grant' command on the computer that holds the share.