Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] How to identify the operating system of a client?

On 11.02.19 11:37, Udo Kaune via samba wrote:
Am 11.02.19 um 11:30 schrieb Ralph Böhme via samba:
On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 10:26:31AM +0100, Stephan Roth via samba wrote:
Let me rephrase the question in hope for an answer:

Is it at all feasible to identify the operating system of a client?

no, not really. We try to match by the list of supported SMB dialects in the SMB1 negprot, but that is really just guesswork.

-slow

Maybe some means of translation table would come in handy
https://www.adminsub.net/mac-address-finder/apple

br

Thanks for the idea, but that's not an option, as USB ethernet dongles from non-Apple vendors are used with Macs in the network I'm working with.

Stephan