Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Upgrading Samba

Hi Rowland,

On Wed, 6 Feb 2019, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:

On Wed, 6 Feb 2019 15:20:56 +0400
henri transfert via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello all,

I've planned to upgrade a Samba DC from 4.6.7 to 4.9.4 .

STOP!

Do not do this directly, reports on here have shown that this will not
work.

You will have to 'walk' up the versions, it may work if you go to
4.8.3, then to 4.9.4, but you may have to go to 4.7.2 first.

If I have a domain running (2) 4.7.x DC's and I build 2 new DC's with 4.9.latest,
join the domain and make them DC's and then decommission the old DC's,
is that expected to work?

Regards,

--
Tom			me@xxxxxxxxxx