Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] unix_primary_group = yes don t work

I have the same conclusion
Anybody have a conf with "unix_primary_group = yes" working ?

Christian

Le 06/02/2019 à 15:39, Rowland Penny via samba a écrit :
On Wed, 6 Feb 2019 13:25:08 +0100
Christian Daré via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

thanks for the answer, Louis.
i m talking about the userhome dir.
I ve already read https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/User_Home_Folders
and i m applying the posix acls to my share.
As the users's home is shared between windows and linux, i d rather
use the posix acls than the windows ones.

Beside the homedir of my users have a form like /home/ first letter
of name /login ( ex : /home/d/dare ) and i cant change that, this is
why i use the [home] share , it s the simplier solution for me.

Is it mandatory to use the windows acls to have the functionnality i
m looking for ?

Been doing some testing on this, if a user connects via ssh to a Unix
domain member that is set up to use the users Unix group as its primary
group and creates a file, I get this:

root@testsmb:~# ls -la /home/giduser/test.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 giduser unixgroup 0 Feb  6 14:31 /home/giduser/test.txt

However, if the user connects via SMB to a share and creates a file, I
get this:

root@testsmb:~# ls -la /home/data/test.txt
-rwxrwxr-x+ 1 giduser domain users 0 Feb  6 13:48 /home/data/test.txt

It looks like the Samba tools ignore 'idmap config SAMDOM :
unix_primary_group = yes'

UBO <http://www.univ-brest.fr>