Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba 4.7 and Editposix/Trusted Ldapsam extension support.

Am 05.02.19 um 09:31 schrieb Vladimir Skubriev via samba:
But that's not what i was looking for.

I looking for status of `passdb backend = ldapsam` feature. This feature
implemented in `3.6.25`.

But when I try to configure this in 4.7, there is a some caveats prompting
that my system will not work.

For example:

root@server-storage:/#  net idmap set secret ACME PasswordClearText
ldap_url_parse_ext(ldap://localhost/)
ldap_init: trying /etc/ldap/ldap.conf
ldap_init: using /etc/ldap/ldap.conf
ldap_url_parse_ext(ldaps://ldap.acme.com)

I assume you don't follow the rules for libldap usage!!!

in /etc/ldap/ldap.conf you have a ldaps server configured

ldap_init: HOME env is /root
ldap_init: trying /root/ldaprc
libldap searches for your certificates, not found
ldap_init: trying/root/.ldaprc
same here
ldap_init: trying ldaprc
same here
ldap_init: LDAPCONF env is NULL
same here
ldap_init: LDAPRC env is NULL
same here
The only currently supported backend are LDAP and rfc2307

Message `The only currently supported backend are LDAP and rfc2307` hints
that it is not supported.

the net command bails out, that it can not contact any  ldap(s) server!!!

Read man ldap.conf or search for:

site:http://www.openldap.org/doc/ ldaprc

--
Harry Jede