Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] preparing a 2nd DC

> I would have run the command as this:
>
> samba-tool domain join mydomain.at DC --option='idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 =
> yes' -UAdministrator
>
> Notice the very big addition (well it is not that big, only two letters)

I spotted it myself a few minutes before your posting ;-)

> Also you need the krb5.conf before the join (I did say 'unless you are actually
> referring to /etc/krb5.conf')

I think I did *not* have it at join time ... (?)

Things work now, great.

copied idmap.ldb as recommended,
sysvol-rsync set up now,

edited /etc/resolv.conf to point to its own IP (was not changed by the
join, btw)

Have a good night, late here.