Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba and UFW

On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 17:11:00 +0000
Rowland Penny via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 11:43:37 -0500
> <mmcg29440@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > OK Guys this where we are now. The hostname on the Mint 19.1 PC was
> > a combination of the user name and the PC model. I changed it to
> > "radio". That plus the user name gives "martin@radio". That  is
> > twelve characters long. No change. Still not able to mount network.
> >
> > Removed netbios name from smb.conf. No change.
> >

> OK, now you have found out how to modify smb.conf, can we now see a
> copy of it please.
>
> Rowland

Martin, or should I say 'Ham13', you could have posted a copy of the
smb.conf you posted here:

https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=150&t=285426&p=1584806&hilit=martin+RB042AV+ABA+a1410y#p1584806

Never mind what Linux Mint says, you should get used to no network
browsing, it is going away, even Windows has deprecated it, it wasn't
something Samba decided to do of their own initiative.

If you have created this file: /etc/avahi/services/samba.service
Then I would strongly suggest you delete it.

Try your smb.conf like this:

# Global parameters
[global]
    dns proxy = No
    log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
    map to guest = Bad User
    max log size = 1000
    obey pam restrictions = Yes
    pam password change = Yes
    passwd chat = *Enter\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *Retype\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *password\supdated\ssuccessfully* .
    passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
    server role = standalone server
    security = user
    server string = %h server (Samba, Ubuntu)
    syslog = 0
    unix password sync = Yes
    usershare allow guests = Yes

[printers]