Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] idmap config ad

On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 9:28 AM Rowland Penny via samba
<samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Does Domain Users have a gidNumber attribute containing a number
> inside the 10000-99999' range ?
>
> Do any Active directory groups have such a gidNumber ?

Hi Rowland,

Not at this time, I didn't know that had to be assigned first.

However, that brings up another question. There's an application that
both AD authenticated Samba users and non-AD users need to run where
both sets of users need to have the same primary group membership. Is
this possible with Winbind? Or possibly sssd if not?

Thanks,

Chris