Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] preparing a 2nd DC

On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 11:23:25 +0100
"Stefan G. Weichinger via samba" <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> greetings, samba-users,
>
> I am currently preparing to join a second Samba-DC to a Samba-based
>
> DC1 is a debian-9.6 machine, running samba-4.8.8 from Louis' repos.
>
> DC2 is basically identically set up (thank you, ansible) and I read
> and followed (1) so far, except the actual join.
>
> sysvol-rsync, kerberos ticket, modified smb.conf, resolv.conf ... done

Well , I would suggest you undo it ;-)

You will have to sync sysvol AFTER the join
The join will create the kerberos ticket (unless you are actually
referring to /etc/krb5.conf) and smb.conf.
/etc/resolv.conf needs to point to DC1 before the join and itself after
the join.

> I assume 4.8.8 will give me no surprises here?

Shouldn't do.

> Is there a "dry run" for the join to check if things would work?

No

> I hesitate to join the DC2 during work hours ;-) from experience.

Wise decision ;-)

> And I think it's better to ask you *before* I crash my network ;-)

Oh definitely, better to ask before, it is easier to fix ;-)