Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Windows client still tries to connect to old AD after replacement

Hi all,

I've decided to completely replace an old AD with a fresh, brand new one - the only thing linking the two is that I've transferred the user profiles & home folders over to the new one and I'm testing this configuration by disconnecting one of the Windows 10 computers from the old AD and then connecting it to the new AD.

Old AD:
Name - ad.domain.intranet
IP - 192.168.0.17

New AD:
Name - domain-ad.domain.intranet
IP - 192.168.0.11

So when no-one was in the office, I synced the home & profile folders of both ADs, powered down the old AD and connected the test computer to the new AD.  It works fine, and I was able to log in as domain\Administrator fine.  I set up the user profiles and group policies by following the instructions here:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/User_Home_Folders
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Roaming_Windows_User_Profiles

Once done, I restarted the computer and logged in as domain\Administrator, and got a "Couldn't synchronise your profile" and "Couldn't connect to \\192.168.0.17\Profiles\Administrator" and plenty of messages saying something like "\\192.168.0.17\Users\Administrator\Documents is corrupt, do you want to move this to the recycle bin?" - why is the client still trying to connect to 192.168.0.17? I've searched high and low and couldn't find any setting that referred to 192.168.0.17, am hoping someone can tell me what I'm missing please?

With kind regards - Piers