Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] idmap config ad

On Mon, 28 Jan 2019 18:07:35 +0100
Harry Jede via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Am 28.01.19 um 16:46 schrieb Viktor Trojanovic via samba:
> > So, a few questions come to mind:
> >
> > - Did I miss something important?
> > - When would you actually choose the rid backend over the ad one?
>
> If you are to lazy or to busy to fill in all required unix
> attributes. And yes, do not forget maintenance.

As I said, I would only use the 'rid' backend in a small domain. Most
of these would be a small office and would likely be run by someone who
hasn't really got a clue ;-)

> > - Can you mix the two, i.e. have rid on one member and ad on the
> > other?
>
> Do not do that!

Why not ? What earth shattering event will occur ?

>You wish to have consistence on all unix domain
> members. So, choose one or the other.

Whilst it probably is a good idea to stick to one or the other, they
will co-exist.