Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba 4.9.4 - high RAM usage - OOM killer

Hai Laurent,

A lower swappiness, means, make better use of RAM so less swapping.

> The DCs don't have any swap.
I tried that also, imo its better to have a swapfile.
This might trigger the OOM Killer, the "no" swap available.

Just dont 2.5x ram for swap, 1-2GB swapfile should be sufficient.

> Do you think I really need 16GB RAM for such a setup ?

I dont think so, i think you better look into what the mail servers are looking up.
Are these records indexed?

Run: ldbsearch -H $(samba -b| grep PRIVATE | awk '{ print $NF }')/sam.ldb -s base -b @INDEXLIST
To see what is all indexed.

Any slow queries, then check if searchFlags is set to 1.

First time you start samba again it might be slow thats because its reindexing the database.
( the manualy command :  samba-tool dbcheck --reindex )

Greetz,

Louis