Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba and UFW

Post ufw.log or syslog?

Ufw should log the port which is blocked by connecting.

Best regards

On Sun, 27 Jan 2019 12:01:00 -0500
Marty via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Good Morning,

Using Linux Mint 19.1 I have configured UFW to allow Samba. I see
that ports 135 tcp, 137 udp, 138 udp , 139 tcp and 445 tcp are all
set properly. The problem is that with UFW enabled I cannot connect
to my Windows 8.1 PC. Error "Unable to mount location -  failed to
retrieve list from server, file or directory does not exist". With
UFW disabled I can connect and browse the Windows network PC. If I
enable UFW I can still browse the Window network. If I unmout the
location I cannot reconnect without disabling UFW. I have made all
the edits to the smb.conf file suggested on the net but nothing has
worked so far. Also when printing to a Windows shared printer using
Samba the document goes to the printer but, does not print. The same
setup works perfectly on my Mint 18.3 box.

There is got to be some thing I am missing. Any suggestions? All

Whilst it is nice to know what OS you are using, it might have been a
good idea to tell us what version of Samba you are using and how you
are running it.

*Micha Ballmann*
Universitätsrechenzentrum in Landau
Fortstr. 7