Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Samba and UFW

Good Morning,

Using Linux Mint 19.1 I have configured UFW to allow Samba. I see that ports
135 tcp, 137 udp, 138 udp , 139 tcp and 445 tcp are all set properly. The
problem is that with UFW enabled I cannot connect to my Windows 8.1 PC.
Error "Unable to mount location -  failed to retrieve list from server, file
or directory does not exist". With UFW disabled I can connect and browse the
Windows network PC. If I enable UFW I can still browse the Window network.
If I unmout the location I cannot reconnect without disabling UFW. I have
made all the edits to the smb.conf file suggested on the net but nothing has
worked so far. Also when printing to a Windows shared printer using Samba
the document goes to the printer but, does not print. The same setup works
perfectly on my Mint 18.3 box.

There is got to be some thing I am missing. Any suggestions? All responses
are appreciated.

Regards,

Marty

mmcg29440@xxxxxxxxxxxx