Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] GPO / Sysvol problems

Well, just FYI - before anyone spends any more time on this.
It sure appears to be related to corrupt cached copies of the roaming profile on the local machine.

I have some testing ahead to tease out all the details I can, but removing the profile from the list of profiles in the registry "fixed" the show-stopper problem I was having. 

[There were some messages in the logs and a few other details that really seemed to be contradictory to me - so I started wondering if it was the local machine, not the DC's or FreeNAS. I setup another machine and boom, things worked pretty much perfectly - but I'd also messed with a bunch of settings, etc. So now I need to put things back, right way up, and check again.]

It remains to be seen, if this fixes all the problems I was having or not. I suspect it will, but I've had so many problems on this project, I'm going to refrain from jinxing myself - and put everything right again and see what happens.

I'll report my findings. [If I'm not too embarrassed at the results! :) ]


Thanks for the help so far.

To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba