Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] getcifsacl does not work with CIFS mount versions 2 or 3

Dne 2019-01-23 v 10:06 Rowland Penny via samba napsal(a):
On Wed, 23 Jan 2019 09:47:11 +0100
Miloslav Hůla via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dne 2019-01-15 v 13:22 Miloslav Hůla via samba napsal(a):
When I mount CIFS share (mount -t cids) with vers=1.0 I can perform
getcifsacl sucessfully. But when I mount with vers=2.0, or 2.1, or
3.0, ACL reading fails.

getxattr error: 95
REVISION:0x0
CONTROL:0x0

Why getcifsacl depends on SMB protocol version? Can I read ACL via
newer SMB protocol?

A asked on Serverfault but without reply:
https://serverfault.com/questions/948052/getcifsacl-does-not-work-with-cifs-mount-versions-2-or-3

Any hint where to ask for this?

Regards, Milo

I think the problem is that SMBv1 is very different from the later SMB
versions, there are just some things you cannot do with the later
versions.

You could try asking this question on the samba-technical mailing list.

Rowland

Thank you. I asked:
https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2019-January/132176.html

Regards, Milo