Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Get PasswordMustChangeNow parameter from command line

On Wed, 23 Jan 2019 12:44:44 -0800
Luke Barone via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Perfect, I got the parameter I needed! I just checked for
> `msDS-UserPasswordExpiryTimeComputed`, and if it's 0, then I know the
> password needs to change on the next login!
>
> Thanks! I honestly had no idea what the attributes were, but now I see
> they're the attributes that are in Active Directory.

It sort of goes with being an Active Directory Domain Controller ;-)
Whilst it isn't 100% compatible with a Windows DC, it gets nearer and
nearer.

If you have a problem, see if it is something that happens to Windows
and how they fix it.
If you want to do or check something, again see how Windows does it
from the command line, you might even find a script that you may be
able to port to python etc.