Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] force re-authentication when accessing different shares

On Mon, 21 Jan 2019 15:24:53 +0100
Harald Glanzer via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> hello & thx for your fast response!
>
> i need a way to create samba shares without creating system user
> accounts:
>
> - add users via smbpasswd with unique password
> - no need for a corresponding useraccount in /etc/passwd

You will need to have your users shown by 'getent passwd', the OS must
know your users.

> - access to the corresponding shares should be independent from any
> domain (i.e. the share should be accessable
> via windows client)

Then Samba will need to run as a standalone server

> to come around the useraccount-restriction (as samba is getting
> information via getpwnam_r()) i think a nss module for database
> 'passwd' is necessary. i am starting to think that my implementation
> of _nss_<sourcename>_getpwnam_r() is wrong
>
> nevertheless, if you can think of any other solution without the need
> of interfacing with getpwnam - plz let me know!

I think you need to look into how Samba use the idmap backends