Re: [Samba] Howto set/reset/reaad computer account password with samba-4.9.x examples?
- Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 08:45:53 +0100
- From: Denis Cardon via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Samba] Howto set/reset/reaad computer account password with samba-4.9.x examples?
Le 01/16/2019 à 10:03 PM, Oliver Rath via samba a écrit :
I want to perform a domain join of a computer to a given machine account
with reusing it, not overwriting. For this I think, it is the right way
(for a unattend.xml) to use the <machinePassword> described here:
in the new feature list of samba 4.9.x is written "The 'samba-tool
computer' command allow manipulation of computer accounts including
creating a new computer and resetting the password. This allows an
'offline join' of a member server or workstation to the Samba AD domain."
There has been a thread on the samba-technical mailing list about
djoin.exe et al. You may take a look at it :
You'll need both a way to create/reset the account (and get the clear
text shared secret), then re-inject it on the domain member in the
Unfortunatly I dont find any example for
* resetting the password (the "setpassword" from user command doesnt
work, maybe simply --password?)
* creating a computer with a given machine password (maybe simply
* reading the machine password from AD (there i found some old variant
which didnt work, tested with Win81-clients)
* perform an offline join with a previously given/read-from-ad machine
Is this possible, some examples anywhere?
Tranquil IT Systems
Les Espaces Jules Verne, bâtiment A
12 avenue Jules Verne
44230 Saint Sébastien sur Loire
tel : +33 (0) 18.104.22.168.55
Samba install wiki for Frenchies : https://dev.tranquil.it
WAPT, software deployment made easy : https://wapt.fr
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the