[Samba] Howto set/reset/reaad computer account password with samba-4.9.x examples?
- Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2019 22:03:29 +0100
- From: Oliver Rath via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Samba] Howto set/reset/reaad computer account password with samba-4.9.x examples?
I want to perform a domain join of a computer to a given machine account
with reusing it, not overwriting. For this I think, it is the right way
(for a unattend.xml) to use the <machinePassword> described here:
in the new feature list of samba 4.9.x is written "The 'samba-tool
computer' command allow manipulation of computer accounts including
creating a new computer and resetting the password. This allows an
'offline join' of a member server or workstation to the Samba AD domain."
Unfortunatly I dont find any example for
* resetting the password (the "setpassword" from user command doesnt
work, maybe simply --password?)
* creating a computer with a given machine password (maybe simply
* reading the machine password from AD (there i found some old variant
which didnt work, tested with Win81-clients)
* perform an offline join with a previously given/read-from-ad machine
Is this possible, some examples anywhere?
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the