Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Sync sysvol

What's the current wisdom on sync of sysvol to other (samba) DC's?

[I should probably search, but I don't recall seeing discussion on sysvol sync details hit the list recently.]

A quick search dud turn up this wiki article - is that current best-practice?
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Rsync_based_SysVol_replication_workaround

I'm running the Ubuntu 18.04 packaged Samba 4.7.6, IIRC. [And yes, I'm aware of Louis' packages - but at least for now I want to stay on an officially supported distro version.]

Is there anything about Samba versions that impacts sysvol syncs and the info in the wiki?

[Essentially I plan to have the main DC have the master sysvol and will sync everything one-way to the "secondary" DC's.]

TIA
-Greg