Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] GPO or similar for fedora?

On Tue, 15 Jan 2019 15:13:24 -0300
Carlos Bordon via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This is beacuse all workstations are windows, but we are thinking
> migrate to fedora.

The OS to use is up to you, but I would carefully consider which and
not choose one just because it is shiny ;-)

> i already have all the users in samba DC.
> We access to internet and others apps with user from DC.
> because of that, we need both systems for now

Both systems ? what does this mean ?

Basically it boils down to not being able to use GPO's on Linux
machines (well not without a third party app and these severely limit
what GPO's you can use). Everything else should work except for
specific Windows apps and there are usually Linux apps to replace these.