Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Running off pre-created keytabs

Am 2019-01-10 um 17:02 schrieb L.P.H. van Belle via samba:
Hai,

And you are not looking for this?
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Delegation/Joining_Machines_to_a_Domain

That would be charming, but the company is too big that someone would easily grant me that permission. I will enquire with that.

Thanks!

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: samba [mailto:samba-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Namens
Osipov, Michael via samba
Verzonden: donderdag 10 januari 2019 16:23
Aan: samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Onderwerp: [Samba] Running off pre-created keytabs

Hi folks,

we'd like to provision new Samba servers (file sharing only) with the
system keytab. It will precreated by some other process (msktutil)
because we don't have direct access to a domain admin
account. Is there
any degragation in functionality by not using "secrets and
keytab" and
not doing "net ads join"?

This is somewhat similiar to my question from 2017-11 [1]
where I wanted
to do "net ads join" with precreated accounts, but haven't
really found
a usable solution.

Michael

[1] https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2017-November/211945.html