Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Running off pre-created keytabs

Hi folks,

we'd like to provision new Samba servers (file sharing only) with the system keytab. It will precreated by some other process (msktutil) because we don't have direct access to a domain admin account. Is there any degragation in functionality by not using "secrets and keytab" and not doing "net ads join"?

This is somewhat similiar to my question from 2017-11 [1] where I wanted to do "net ads join" with precreated accounts, but haven't really found a usable solution.

Michael

[1] https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2017-November/211945.html