Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] DNS (Bind )update via external DHCP ISC

On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 22:04:09 -0600
"David C. Rankin via samba" <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 01/07/2019 07:55 AM, Biswajit Banerjee via samba wrote:
> > I have only windows client still i cannot see there updated records
> > in DNS
> >
> > What can be reason .
>
> Where are you looking for the update? ISC DHCP with dynamic updates
> to BIND will update journal files before the actual zones are
> updated. To force an actual update of the zone files, you need to run
>
>   rndc sync -clean

Wrong, unless the isc dhcp server is configured to do so, it will
not even try to update the dns records in AD. The Windows clients will,
if their records are updated by DHCP, try to change their dns records
themselves.