Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] DNS (Bind )update via external DHCP ISC

Hi

I have Samba4 AD ( V4.8 )environment with Bind 9 on the same server  and want to have DNS updated from the DHCP ISC server( External) . As we see the the host records and reverse records do not get updated dynamically on the Bind / DNS . Is it not the functionality to have DNS updated as soon as clients log in .

If not , then probably we have to follow https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Configure_DHCP_to_update_DNS_records_with_BIND9 to get it done . correct me if am wrong ?

This document talks about DHCP ISc  on the same server , can we some one help me to have it deployed with external DHCP server .

TIA

Regards

Biswajit Banerjee