Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba - Bind9 DNS - ISC-DHCP - obsolete DNS entries

On Wed, 2 Jan 2019 13:11:33 +0100
Martin Krämer <mk.maddin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> thanks for reply.
> Having the information that this is no situation considered yet is
> already helpfull - telling me that I have not missed / missconfigured
> something. :)
>
> I think the better solution for me is to not even create the unwanted
> entries.

Yes, if you don't create the entries, you will not have to delete
them ;-)

> Filtering for "automatic" dhcp created hostnames (matching
> '^dhcp-.*$') to not be added into DNS should to the trick for me here.
>
> Never the less do I understand correctly that there is no automation
> (not even BIND9 out of the box) to delete aged/obsolete dns entries
> automatically?

No, there isn't anything to do that (not that I am aware of), you will
need to use nsupdate or samba-tool to delete them.

If you can keep notes and are willing to share them once you have got
it working, I will update the wiki.