Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] smbclient (Samba 4.9.4) "Unable to initialize messaging context"?

> I think this message is one of those that can be ignored.
>
> If I run 'smbclient -U% -Llocalhost' on Samba 4.9.4 as a normal user, I
> get:
>
> Unable to initialize messaging context
>
> 	Sharename       Type      Comment
>
> But, as root, I get:
>
> 	Sharename       Type      Comment
>
> The only difference being the 'Unable to initialize messaging context'
> line.

I'd be happy to ignore it ... but amanda, the backup program, does not ;-)

The amcheck/amdump binaries fail ... so smbclient-related backups don't
work currently.

I might try to edit the amanda-config to somehow ignore it.