Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Generating keytab on a read-only file system

> > dedicated keytab file = /tmp/krb5.keytab
> >
> > For which programs do you use the keytab?
>
> I already tried that. But still tries to write at /etc. It seems this
> parameter used when you have a keytab already.

Ok, It seems I figured it out:

Once on nfs-root (server):
ln -s /var/lib/samba/krb5.keytab /etc/krb5.keytab

Then make this run during boot on client (pre samba and sssd):
export KEYTAB="/var/lib/samba/krb5.keytab"
[ -f $KEYTAB ] || cat /dev/null > $KEYTAB

This way, keytab content created in an existing but an empty file.
__
Taner Tas