Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Generating keytab on a read-only file system

Hi,

I'm trying to implement an auto-join procedure for diskless (nfs root)
thin clients. I'm able to issue "net ads join" command
but /etc/krb5.keytab can't be created due to the read-only /etc
directory. I'm using read-write tmpfs file system for other directories
such as /tmp, /run, /var/log etc. but /etc supposed to be read-only.

I have to tell "net ads join" or "net ads keytab create" commands to
create keytab file to a writable location. Can I do that?

Thanks.

__
Taner Tas