Re: [Samba] NT_STATUS_NETWORK_SESSION_EXPIRED Domain member
- Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2018 10:56:37 +0100
- From: Chris via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Samba] NT_STATUS_NETWORK_SESSION_EXPIRED Domain member
On Mon, 24 Dec 2018 02:05:19 +0100
Peter Eriksson via samba wrote:
> I’m not sure if it will help you but we’re seeing something similar
> that I call the “10 hours problem” here. On any Samba - after 4.7.6
> (we’re currently trying out 4.9.4 but still no go) - at 10 hours
> after it (smbd & winbindd) was restarted it new connections often
> (but not 100% all the time, but we think it is related to the number
> of connections, or active connections, or how many are encrypted or
> something, since we’re not seeing it on the test servers with zero or
> just one or two connections).
Thank you for your reply!
I'm not sure, if we're having the same issue, because:
- using rid instead of ad backend
- we've only 60 users and one group
- no nested groups of course
- timeout is always service ticket period. If it is set to 10 min.,
timeout is after 10 min.
- there seems to be no timeout with NTLM auth, but haven't tested this
for > 10 h
- I don't restart smbd
- it seems only version 4.5 from debian stretch is affected, not 4.8
from Louis van Belle
- interruption is 100% all the time when kerberos is used
- doesn't matter how many connections are open. Only one connection on
my test machine is sufficient.
Thank you for your script. Maybe I'll do some further tests between the
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the