Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] After upgrade to 4.9.4, internal DNS no longer working

On Sat, 22 Dec 2018 22:25:30 +0100
Viktor Trojanovic <viktor@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Oh, that doesn't sound good...
>
> Arch Linux. I did a regular system upgrade using pacman -Syu which
> automatically upgrades all packages to their latest version.
>
> I have another, practically identical system and I didn't have this
> issue there. Though I might have had a smaller jump between versions.

The version jump shouldn't have caused this, I take it you have tried
restarting Samba again. If you still have the problem, try running the
'samba' daemon directly in a terminal:

/path/to/samba -i -d3

See if this works or shows anything new.

Did you have backups from before the upgrade ?
Have you checked if 'sam.ldb' is still there and if the databases are
in 'sam.ldb.d' ?