Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba-created files with POSIX ACLs gaining execute bit

On Thu, 20 Dec 2018 00:38:11 -0800
christian russell via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello Marco,
>
> I am speaking about POSIX ACLs, yes.
>
> When I create a file via shell I get a 660 file.
>
> When I create a file via Samba I get a 770 file.
>
> I don’t understand why they would be different.  Without ACLs shell /
> Samba created files get consistent permissions.

You posted this earlier:

[share2]
path = /srv/share2 # mode is 0770, ACLs
readonly = no
inherit acts = yes
create mask = 0660

Is that exactly what is set in smb.conf ?
If so, there is a typo ;-)

Can we see your entire smb.conf (less any commented lines), trying to
understand your set up from just seeing the shares isn't enough.