Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Problem rpc server is unavailable

On Thu, 13 Dec 2018 20:17:40 -0300
Epsilon Minus via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear,
>
> I do not think the problem comes around, but I made the modifications
> you suggest, but the problem persists.
> Maybe I am misunderstanding the point that you raise.
>
> root@samba01:~# cat /etc/samba/smb.conf
> [global]
> security = ADS
> workgroup = DOMAINNAME
> realm = FULL_DOMAINNAME
>
> log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
> log level = 1
>
> idmap config * : backend = tdb
> idmap config * : range = 3000-7999
>     idmap config DOMAIN :backend = ad
>         idmap config DOMAIN :range = 10000-999999
> username map = /etc/samba/user.map
>
> vfs objects = acl_xattr
> map acl inherit = yes
> store dos attributes = yes
>
> Some suggestion ?

Have you added uidNumber & gidNumber attributes to AD
If you have, do they contain numbers inside the '10000-999999' range ?
You also haven't told us what version of Samba you are using. This
matters, because you have missing lines and what to add depends on what
version you are using.

Try reading this:

and then this again (I have updated it):

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Idmap_config_ad

If you haven't added anything to AD and don't want to, read this:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Idmap_config_rid