Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] AD Domain member - getent passwd truncated to only 18 users

On Thu, 13 Dec 2018 11:19:13 -0200
Marcio Vogel Merlone dos Santos via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Em 13/12/2018 11:05, Rowland Penny via samba escreveu:
> > Do all your users have a uidNumber attribute ?
>
> Yes, works fine on other servers.
>

> > Have you done anything strange, such as changing the users primary
> > group ID ?
>
> Primary group is not domain members, but it does not make any diff on
> others services and servers. Other than that, plain vanilla, nothing
> strange

By the above, do you mean that the users do not have '513' as the users
'primaryGroupID' attribute content ?

> > It should work (well it does for me)
> Will try pam_ldap to see how it goes if no other idea.

You do not need anything other than winbind, just as long as everything
is set up correctly.