[Samba] Sample smb.conf for ADs authentication
- Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 03:39:49 +0000
- From: Gilbert Soucy via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Samba] Sample smb.conf for ADs authentication
I am trying to configure samba on a Centos 7.5 linux server ( Samba 4.8.3
) to share files stored on that server to a set of windows PCs running win7
- the linux server is NOT the domain controller but it successfully
joined the domain ( realm join ...).
- we have a few linux servers on which we will want to configure samba in a
similar way to share files.
- the actual active directory service runs on a windows server. Users can
get authenticated both on windows and linux from it.
I tried various settings in smb.conf on the linux server without success
(i.e. it is not possible to mount the share on windows). I am not an expert
and I am seeking a good smb.conf file in which I could fill the blanks to
get the job done (i.e. sharing files from a server using ADs
Is it possible to find a good smb.conf sample to fullfill our needs ?
Thank you !
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the