Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] vfs_fruit causes delay in listing directories for Windows clients

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 03:35:00PM +0100, Stephan Roth via samba wrote:
My goal with activating vfs_fruit was to speed up directory listings for Mac clients, which works. Can the accompanying slowdown for Windows clients be avoided?

yeah, I guess so, but somebody has to dig through the relevant codepaths for a few days to implement the optimisations.

-slow

--
Ralph Boehme, Samba Team                https://samba.org/
Samba Developer, SerNet GmbH   https://sernet.de/en/samba/