Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba4 Kerberos Authentication Error

On Wed, 5 Dec 2018 17:36:43 -0500
Marco Shmerykowsky PE via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That sucks.  I'm assuming Centos has the same problems?

No, Centos has an even bigger problem. As you are probably aware,
Centos is rebuilt from RHEL, Red-Hat has announced that there will
never be a Samba AD DC on RHEL, this means there will never be a
Samba AD DC on Centos, well not using OS packages anyway.

The Centos servers are intended to be member servers in an
active directory and not domain controllers.  Would they still
place nice with everyone else?

I'm basically trying to set up one Linux appliance to handle
overall authentication and let two other machines simply
serve files.

I would do it slightly differently, two DC's and then whatever
fileservers are required. The Centos Samba packages are usable for a
domain member, they just cannot be used for a DC.

Rowland

Why 2 DC's?  My understanding is that a file server should
not simultaneously serve as a DC in an Active Directory setup.

I have a small office.  While I have no issue making one of
the file servers also function as a backup DC, I really don't
want to add yet another server to the mix to handle a single
role.

---
https://www.avg.com