Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba4 Kerberos Authentication Error

On Wed, 5 Dec 2018 13:00:38 -0500
Marco Shmerykowsky PE via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Are you using the OS's Samba packages ?
If so, you should be aware that they are deemed experimental and do
not fully work, they have problems and this could be another one of
them.

Rowland

I was not aware of that.  Suggestions?

Note that your problem could be down to the OS Samba packages that use
MIT instead of Heimdal, then again it might not be. Having said that,
because the OS Samba packages are deemed experimental, I wouldn't use
them in production, there are several things that just do not work as
expected.

You options are a bit limited, find Samba packages for your OS that
use Heimdal (Sernet ?), compile Samba yourself or use another OS
(which will probably be from the Debian family).

Rowland

That sucks.  I'm assuming Centos has the same problems?

Does this essentially mean that I need to move all my servers
(which are NT4 domains) over to a new distribution prior to
implementing an Active Directory structure on Samaba?

What is the best distribution to use for a small office?

---
https://www.avg.com