Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba4 Kerberos Authentication Error

On Wed, 5 Dec 2018 10:56:48 -0500
Marco Shmerykowsky PE via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 12/5/2018 10:37 AM, Marco Shmerykowsky via samba wrote:
On Wed, December 5, 2018 9:52 am, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
On Wed, 5 Dec 2018 09:41:13 -0500
Marco Shmerykowsky via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm trying to setup a Samba4 Active Directory server.

I've gotten the server running, the IP addresses resolve
properly.  The Windows10 client can join the domain.
I've run the basic checks that seem to be listed
on the samba wiki and get the expected results.

I've modified nsswitch.conf to include winbind on the
passwd and group lines.

I've made sure all machines are pointing to the same
NTP server so that time is synched

I've created a user using -> samba-tool user create jdoe

I've added the computer using -> samba-tool computer create
MACHINE01

I've created a "test-share" with ownership set to the
group "Domain Users":

[Test-Share]
          path = /home/test-share
          writable = yes
          create mode = 0770
          directory mode = 0770
          guest ok = no

When I run Server Manager in Win10 I get an error that
states: "Kerberos authentication error"

When I try to login with the user, Windows gives me this:

"We can't sign you in with this credential because your
domain isn't available.  Make sure your device is connected
to your organization's network and try again."

Login authentication didn't seem to work before I
added the test-share either.

What did I miss?

You missed posting your smb.conf for a start ;-)

Did you actually join the Win10 machine to the domain ?
Creating it with samba-tool isn't enough.

Rowland

Smb.conf (domain names made 'generic'):

# Global parameters
[global]
          dns forwarder = 4.2.2.2
          netbios name = MACHINE254
          realm = INTERNAL.COMPANY.COM
          workgroup = INTERNAL
          idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes

[netlogon]
          path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/internal.company.com/scripts
          read only = No

[sysvol]
          path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
          read only = No

[Test-Share]
          path = /home/test-share
          writable = yes
          create mode = 0770
          directory mode = 0770
          guest ok = no

Windows reported that the machine joined the domain
when I used the windows interface at System
Properties -> Computer Name.

One more tidbit.  I ran the provisioning twice.

First time around I used int.company.com and second time around
I used internal.company.com.  Did that leave contradictory
information floating in the system?

No, provided you removed the smb.conf (and the provision would have
complained if you hadn't), the next provision would wipe the previous
one.

This does raise a possibility, The REALM has to be the same as the dns
domain, so what is the dns domain name ?
easiest way to find out is to open a terminal on the DC and type
'hostname -d', if it isn't 'internal.company.com' then you need to
provision again.

Another possibility is that you do not have winbind installed.

This probably hasn't anything to do with your main problem, but you
should change your share to this:

[Test-Share]
     path = /home/test-share
     read only = No

When you get your DC working, set the permissions from Windows, see
here:

The Realm matches the DNS.

hostname -d returns -> internal.company.com

domain name is internal.company.com

I can ping both internal.company.com and machine254.internal.company.com
both resolve to the IP of MACHINE254

I checked winbind using the commands on the following page & all
returned as expected.

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_a_Domain_Member#Testing_the_Winbindd_Connectivity

---
https://www.avg.com