Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Best Books for Samba4 & Active Directory Deployment?

On Tue, 4 Dec 2018 23:15:47 -0500
Marco Shmerykowsky PE via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is there a recommendation for good books covering
> the setup/deployment of Samba 4 using an Active
> Directory structure?  Something on the order of
> "The Official Samba-3 HOWTO and Reference Guide"?
>
> I've setup a Samba4 server and I've gotten a Win10
> machine to join the domain, but i can't seem to
> move past that to get a user to login or to
> create a share.
>
> Sort of blindly stumbling thru looking for online
> guides, but not finding anything comprehensive
> other than "Active Directory" book from O'Reilley.
>
> Thanks.

The only documentation I can recommend is the Samba wiki:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Main_Page

You can use 'samba-tool' to add users, see 'samba-tool user create
--help' for the syntax.

Or you can use ADUC on windows to add them.

If you get stuck, just ask here ;-)