Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Debian Stretch Samba 4.8.7 packages available amd64/i386

G'day Louis,

The Debian Stretch packages for samba 4.8.7 are now available for amd64 and i386.

When I tried to rebuild debian stretch 4.8.7 packages using your repo today, I came across an issue and it seems that your stretch-samba48/main/source/Sources.gz is missing the reference of cmoka 1.1.1 entry (otherwise apt-get source downloads 1.0.1 version and the build fails miserably). And actually the dsc and tar.xz are there just waiting to be downloaded :-)

By the way, looking at this cmocka issue, I was looking at third-party stuff in the build, since cmocka is in itself not a Samba packages. That may be a question more appropriate for samba dev, but I was wondering if the third-party folder in samba tarball is safe to ignore and always take upstream?

thanks a lot for your hard dedicated works.

Cheers,

Denis

----------- THE REPO SETUP ---------------
1) Choose http or https for you apt, both work, for https you need to :
apt-get install apt-transport-https

2) Import my public key
wget -O - http://apt.van-belle.nl/louis-van-belle.gpg-key.asc | apt-key add -

3) (optional) setup a header line for the repo file.
echo "# AptVanBelle repo for samba." | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list

4) In the line below, change the OS and/or samba version to what you want. Shown is debian stretch with samba 4.8.
echo "deb http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian stretch-samba48 main contrib non-free" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list

Buildlogs : https://downloads.van-belle.nl/samba4/Buildlogs/

So bed time now..   good night guys..

Louis