Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Setup a Samba AD DC as an additional DC

On Tue, 27 Nov 2018 21:06:19 +0000
"Barry D. Adkins via samba" <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ??Can you also post the output of bind from the point its starting up
> until samba has started?? I am not certain how to obtain this.  --
> Barry

No, I don't understand that either ;-)

> -----------
> Checking file: /etc/hosts
> 127.0.0.1	localhost
> ::1		localhost6

> ::1     localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
> fe00::0 ip6-localnet
> ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
> ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
> ff02::3 ip6-allhosts

The only problem I could see with your files is the above, there should
be a line like this:

YOUR_SAMBA_DCS_IPADDRESS YOUR_SAMBA_DCS_FQDN
YOUR_SAMBA_DCS_SHORT_HOSTNAME

Or with sample data:

192.168..0.2 dc1.samdom.example.com dc1

You could also try adding the Windows DCs data as well.