Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] testing upgrades in containers?

Am 27.11.18 um 21:05 schrieb Reindl Harald via samba:

> why don't you just use real virtual machines?
>
> * clone
> * test
> * throw away the old one
>
> and/or play around with all sort of snaphsot-versions?
>
> after a decade running anything in full virtualization i don't get
> bare-metal where the first step is not install whatever hypervisor and
> be it only for hot-migration to new hardware while you get proper
> backups and snapshots "for free"

Worth a thought or two as well, sure. Right now I have physical DCs in
place mostly. The container variant would allow to spawn a DC now and
then, test things etc ... it depends on the given environment here, I
assume.

thanks, Stefan (greetings from/to austria)